Sunday 15 May 2011

For Cameron

My heart goes out to the family and friends of Cameron Krokatsis, who sadly decided to take her life last week.

I knew Cameron as she came into my shop on a regular basis, often playing truant from school in order to spend hours between the pages of a good book. I used to tease her, saying that she was 'stealing words' but the truth was I liked having her around. I saw a lot of myself in her, and I often forgot that she was about ten years younger than me. She was the kind of kid who had everything to live for, who was frustrated by her own youth, and who could have achieved whatever she set her heart to. The world has lost a bright spark and I can't emphasise my sadness at never getting to recommend a book to her ever again.

Henceforth this blog is dedicated to Cameron, and for all the lost souls out there who find solace in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment